Free Wireshark Training Course Online

Take a free Wireshark Jumpstart training class online at http://www.chappellseminars.com/.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The "Death of" Series

I've been having a great time working on some really lousy networks! You too?! What a coincidence!

As conference season approaches (June), I've just finished writing up my draft presentations. I'll be starting a series of presentations inspired by the Dexter series on Showtime. As we've run through the entire season just recently, the
images of death were first and foremost on my mind when I started sketching out these presentations.

DEATH OF A NETWORK: Identify the Hidden Cause of Lousy Network Performance
I'm going to have fun with this one! This is my "finger pointing" session and I have some major pointing to do! I'm not going to sugar coat some of the more recent causes of pathetic performance and I'll be showing the trace files used
to nail down who's really killing the network.

DEATH OF SECURITY: Breached Hosts/Stolen Data/IP Espionage
A long conversation with a buddy at a 3-letter agency gave me some ideas of what to share in this session. We'll talk some recent case stuff before looking at suspicious traffic and have a heart-to-heart about the methods in which your
network security may fail you.

ADD SOME HUMOR TOO...
It's not all death and doom though. I added some "ugly network" humor in there. In fact I'm going to have difficulty keeping a straight face as I walk through the traffic of a certain hip phone that exudes attitude on the network. Hmmm.... who could that be?

ALL ACCESS PASS MEMBERS
I'll be recording these "Death of" presentations for our All Access Pass members, so get a membership if you want to
catch these new presentations without heading to a conference.

Of course, I won't be serving wine or beer, but you'll probably remember the information better that way!

Enjoy life... one bit at a time!

Laura